GREEN CHILE CHICKEN COBBLER
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup powdered Parmesan cheese
¼ cup FRESH grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons COLD butter, cut into small cubes
scant ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line a cookie sheet with a sheet of foil and LIGHTLY spray with non-stick spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and powdered Parmesan cheese.
- Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Cut in grated Parmesan cheese until well distributed.
- Crumble mixture into a layer on the foil.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- Spray 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
3 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
½ cup Daisy sour cream
10 ounce can green enchilada sauce
1 can cream of Campbell’s chicken herb soup
1 LARGE bunch green onions, chopped small
8 ounces chopped green chiles, only slightly drained
3 cups chopped or shredded rotisseries chicken pieces
2 cups grated Mexican cheese combo (pepper jack and cheddar), divided 1 ½ + ½
- Whisk together the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add in enchilada sauce, soup and green chiles blending until well incorporated.
- Fold in onions and chicken pieces until well distributed.
- Transfer baking dish.
- Top with 1 ½ cups of the cheese.
- Toss the other ½ cup of cheese with the cooled topping mixture and sprinkle on top of baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes until heated through and bubbling.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!