Total:1 hr 15 min Active:25 min Yield: 8 to 12 servings
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon molasses
20-ounce can sliced pineapple, drained and juice reserved
20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup pineapple rum
- Soak raisins and apricots in the rum.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain apricots and raisins well.**
- Arrange the pineapple slices in the skillet.
- Fill in the spaces with the chopped apricots and golden raisins.
- Follow by a thin layer of crushed pineapple. Set aside.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1/3 QUALITY flaked coconut
1/2 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons PURE vanilla extract
1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice (from the cans)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
1 LARGE egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In one bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, coconut and salt.
- In a second bowl, combine the milk, vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of the reserved pineapple juice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the granulated sugar and coconut oil on medium speed until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Add the milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple slices in the skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Be sure and check after 20 minutes to make sure the top isn’t getting too brown. If it is, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cover with a large serving plate and invert the cake.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!