PEANUT BUTTER CUP BROWNIES – yields 1 dozen muffin size brownies
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon water
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (divided 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips (divided 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup KRAFT caramel bits
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl combine sugar, softened butter, and water.
- Microwave on high for about 45 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Stir in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda, stirring until combined. Allow the batter to cool to room temperature (it won’t take very long).
- Then, stir in 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet.
- After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If it doesn’t happen then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir.
- While brownies are still warm spoon about a tablespoon full of peanut butter into the center of each brownie.
- Top with remaining 1/3 cup of milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips and caramels bits.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- To reheat the brownies just pop ‘em in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!