These are wonderfully flavorful – Italian on the inside and Mexican on the outside – fusion at its best!
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
3 green onions, halved and sliced thin
2 ounces sun dried tomatoes
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
6 LARGE eggs
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
2 cups half-and-half
FRESH ground sea salt and pepper
4 slices bacon, diced and cooked crisp
Salsa, for serving
Sour cream, for serving
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage and then drain fat.
- In a large bowl, stir together browned sausage, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese and half of the bacon pieces.
- Place 1/8 of the mixture down the center of a tortilla.
- Roll up and place seem side down in baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- In another large bowl beat eggs, flour and salt.
- Mix in half-and-half.
- Pour over the tortillas in the pan. You can cover the dish overnight and place in the fridge OR bake immediately.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Uncover dish and sprinkle remaining cheese over tortillas.
- Sprinkle the rest of the bacon bits over cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover dish and bake 10 minutes longer or until set and cheese is melted.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!