CHEESY ITALIAN CHICKEN PASTA
8 ounces baby spinach leaves, divided
1-8 ounce jar Classico Sun-dried tomato pesto
1 medium large yellow onion, chopped
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into bite size pieces
6 garlic cloves,minced
1 pound dry linguine**
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning*
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup Chardonnay wine
5 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a 5 quart large saute/stock pan arrange half the spinach, tomato pesto, garlic, onion, chicken and linguine on the bottom of te pan.
- Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Pour chicken stock and wine over top. Cover and bring to a boil over a medium high heat.
- Cook 7-9 minutes until pasta is al dente. Toss pasta with tongs occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- There will still be liquid in the pan when the pasta is done cooking and that's perfect as it will be the base for the cheese sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese to the pasta.
- Toss pasta with tongs until the cheese melts into the pasta.
- Toss in remaining spinach.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
**My pot is just a bit smaller than the length of linguine so I halve mine before putting it into the pot.