Since it's just the 2 of us I also make two recipes at a time when I need to use the grill - it's just plain easier! LOL the hard part is making sure that I use the right sauce on the right meat.
TROPICAL PORK KEBABS
1 1/4 cup SMUCKERS apricot PINEAPPLE preserves*
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch pieces
Fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place preserves in a 2 cup measure cup and heat on high in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic.
- Place 2/3 cup of the mixture in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add pork to bag and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from bag, discarding the marinade.
- Thread pork pieces evenly onto skewers.**
- Generously salt and pepper skewers.
- Coat grill rack with PAM.
- Arrange skewers on hot grill.
- Baste with a third of remaining sauce.
- Grill 3-4 minutes.
- Turn pork over and baste again with another 1/3 of sauce.
- Grill another 3-4 minutes.
- Baste with remaining sauce.
** I use Fire wires. They are flexible cable skewers. These are AMAZING!!!!! If you don't have a set, you NEED a set!
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!