SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
3 slices bacon, diced
2 tablespoons Avocado oil
2 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
4 bone-in thick pork chops
2 sweet onions, halved and sliced thin
2 tablespoons water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
1 tablespoon minced parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon over medium heat, stirring frequntly for 8-10 minutes until browned. Remove with slotted spoon to a paper towel and allow to drain.
- Reduce heat and add oil to make 2 tablespoons total in pan.
- Whisk in flour and cook until golden like the color of peanut butter.
- Slowly add broth and increase heat, whisking continuously until you reach a slow boil. Cover and set aside.
- Pat pork chops dry.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet bring 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil to high heat. Add pork chops and brown 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer chops to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and bring to heat.
- Add onions and water to skillet browning until just beginning to caramelize. Be sure to scrape up any browned bits from the skillet.
- Add thyme and garlic cooking until fragrant.
- Add pork chops back into pan and pour sauce from other pan over top.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes until pork is tender and cooked through.
- Remove chops to a warming platter.
- Stir in parsley and season sauce with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until it reaches a gravy like consistency.
- Spoon over pork chops and top with reserved bacon.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!