6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoon PURE Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
Grease and flour two 8-inch or one 13x9 cake pans.
- Sift cocoa, flour, baking soda, salt and sugar into a medium bowl, mix well.
- Combine mayonnaise, vanilla and water in an electric mixer at low speed until smooth.
- Slowly sift in dry mixture until just incorporated (do not over beat).
- Pour batter into cake pans and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks and frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
1 cup butter. softened
1 cup cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5-6 cups confectioners' sugar
6 or more tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and cocoa with whisk attachment until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add confectioners' sugar alternately with milk until icing reaches a spreadable consistency.
- You may not need all 6 cups of sugar
- You may need more than 6 tablespoons of milk
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add sugar and cocoa, scraping down the sides of the bowls as necessary.
- Add vanilla and increase mixer speed to medium. Blend until frosting is fluffy, about 1 minute.