some reason hubby loves Hamburger helper. Must be left over from his
bachelor days. Now I can't have pre-prepared foods so I made him a
substitute recipe that tastes even better. I make in advance too which
makes a great weeknight casserole ready to pop in the oven when you get
home. Hubby likes the texture of Velveeta, but I find it a bit rubbery.
So I tried Land of Lakes American cheese and it slices great while
still giving you that smooth creamy cheese texture when it melts.
BACON CHEESEBURGER HAMBURGER HELPER NOT!!
6 bacon strips cooked crisp and crumbled
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cups green giant frozen corn, thawed
2 large Yukon potatoes, sliced
Land o' Lakes American Cheese Slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss bacon and corn together.
- Layer potatoes over top.
- Generously salt and pepper the potatoes.
- Place a thin layer of cheese slices over potatoes.
- Brown hamburger and onions together. Salt and pepper well while meat is browning. Drain off fat.
- Layer over the potatoes and top with another layer of potatoes.
- Salt and pepper again and layer with another layer of cheese.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
**I like to make these back to back (that way I also have 2 meals
ready to go with half the mess) so the left over bits of browned
sausage and caramelized onion add flavor to the hamburger.
I think I could even handle this recipe �� I also noticed the butterfly's on your plates! Allie would love them!ReplyDelete
LOL of course you can! When you visit these are the plates we will use! I love my polish pottery for the same reason - all the cute butterflies and hearts, well and it coordinates so well with my fiestaware.Delete