3 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bunch green onions, minced
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup Wondra flour
1 28 ounce box Passata (Italian tomatoes)
Fresh ground salt and black pepper, to taste
2 bottles ShockTop beer
2 tablespoons balsamic
- In a large pot melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper sauteing until golden and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add remaining butter to pot and melt.
- Add onions, red bell pepper, celery, carrots and garlic sauteing until tender.
- Stir in thyme and flour, blending well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beer and vinegar.
- Add tomatoes.
- Bring to a rapid simmer, reduce heat and cook uncovered 30 minutes.
- Drop dumplings in top of stew.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until dumplings are cooked through.
2/3 cup Wondra flour
1/3 cup fine yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup buttermilk
- Using your fingers work the butter pieces into dry ingredients until forms small crumbs.
- Add buttermilk and work into a smooth dough.
- Roll dough pieces into ping pong size balls.