1 chicken breast per person
1 slice thin tavern ham per person
1 thin slice mozzarella or provolone cheese per person
2-3 pieces sun dried tomatoes, drained of oil
3 tablespoons Taco Bell mild sauce
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning per person
flour for dredging
Panko crumbs, finely ground
1 tablespoon butter per breast
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. I place them between 2 sheets of wax paper and use a rolling pin.
- Salt and pepper each breast.
- Spread a layer of ham and then cheese.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and place several tomato pieces on top.
- Begin with smallest edge and begin rolling. Secure with a cooking band.
- Roll chicken bundle in egg wash.
- Mix together flour and Panko crumbs,
- Dredge chicken bundle first in egg wash and then in Panko mixture.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet and lightly brown chicken bundles before placing them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and melted butter.
- Bake 20-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained of oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoons Wondra
- In a small food processor chop sun dried tomatoes, taco sauce, garlic and lemon juice until well blended.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over medium high heat.
- Whisk in flour until golden.
- Add cream, blending until smooth.
- Bring to a SLOW boil and reduce eat to a simmer.
- Whisk in tomato mixture and heat through to desired consistency.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!