1 box POMI' passata
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 cup water
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Whisk in flour until golden.
- Add water, whisking until well blended.
- Add Passatta whisking until combined.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and simmer 10-15 minutes.
OATNUT SOURDOUGH HERB DRESSING
10 slices Brownberry or Oroweat OATNUT bread, cut intobite size chunks
1/2 loaf sourdough French bread, cut into bite size chunks
1 large sweet onion, chopped fine
1 small bunch celery (leaves and all), chopped fine
1/2 bag baby carrots, chopped fine
1 box mushrooms, chopped fine
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon white pepper
2 sticks unsalted butter
4 cups hot water
2 tablespoons Better than Bouillon Chicken base
2 tablespoons Buttery Herb & Garlic Mix (I believe McCormick makes it)
4 cloves garlic, minced
- Cut bread into bite sized chunks and spread out in a thin layer over cookie sheets.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 3-4 hours until pieces are actually hard.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- In a large cast iron pan melt 1/4 cup of the butter.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent. The add the celery and carrots and continue sauteing until crisp tender. Add the garlic last as it will burn first.
- Whisk together the water, better than bouillon chicken base and all of the seasonings.
- Add the melted butter.
- In a large pan toss the bread slices together.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and toss again.
- Add the liquid mixture and toss again until well absorbed.
- Fold entire mixture into at least a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour.
- At this point I use a small portion for our dinner that night and freeze the rest.
- When it's time to cook it again, I defrost it, put it back in the same baking dish and bake it again, but this time covered with foil until the last 15 minutes so it doesn't dry out. We like it crisp on top so I remove the foil the last 15 minutes.
Hello Tamy, your pork chops and dressing sound and look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Happy Friday, have a great weekend!ReplyDelete