CHICKEN FRICASSEE - SERVES 6
6 chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste (I use fresh ground Himalayan Pink salt and black pepper)
2 tablespoons butter +1/2 cup butter
1 or 2 large leeks (white and light green sections), halved and sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 tablespoon sugar
3 cups white moscato wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
baby Asparagus spears
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet.
- Add chicken breasts, salt and peppering to taste. Saute' until golden on each side. Keep warm.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in large saute' pan over medium high heat.
- Add leeks and garlic, sauteing until soft and tender.
- Add asparagus spears, sprinkle with sugar and cover for 3-4 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove asparagus and leeks to chicken plate.
- Add flour whisking until golden.
- Add wine, lemon juice, chicken pan drippings and chicken broth to remaining butter and bring to a boil, reducing to about 2 cups.
- Reduce heat to low.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks and whipping cream.
- Gradually add a small amount of the wine mixture to the egg mixture to temper it.
- Gradually add egg mixture to pan and whisk until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate chicken and vegetables.
- Ladle sauce over and enjoy.