I have to give a shout out to my favorite butcher, NICKABOBS OUTPOST for the success of many recipes, but especially this one. I went in for the brisket and he brought out a 15 pound side to see which end I wanted him to cut off for me. They always go above and beyond to help me get my exact cuts.
BLOODY MARY ROAST
2-3 pound brisket
3 1/4 cups Passata*
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Lemon Vodka
2 cups cold water
a few drops Tobasco sauce
1 bunch celery, sliced
2 red onions, quartered
1 bag baby carrots, halved
coarse ground sea salt
fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Heat avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add celery, carrots and onions, sauteing slightly.
- Add veggies to large non-reactive casserole pan.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper.
- Brown it in the same pan.
- Brown both sides evenly and place into non-reactive casserole pan on top of veggies.
- Whisk together the Passata, Worcestershire sauce, Lemon Vodka, Tobasco sauce and water in a saucepan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over meat.
- Cover with parchment paper and then foil. Tomatoes and foil are not friends directly so be sure to use the parchment paper!
- Roast 5-6 hours until beef is tender and beginning to fall apart.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!