3 pounds gold potatoes, washed and sliced thin
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
4 ounces green chiles, drained WELL
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons butter, sliced thin
1/2 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Skellig sweet cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Toss cheeses together.
- Layer the bottom with about 1/3 each of the potatoes, green onions, garlic, green chilies and butter slices. Salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese between each layer and then on top of final layer.
- Repeat with 2 additional layers.
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in the flour cooking until golden.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth and free of lumps and starting to thicken.
- Add salt and paprika until incorporated.
- Slowly pour over potatoes allowing the liquid to ooze into all the layers.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and tops are crisp and brown.