One of my favorite "toys" from a product review a few years ago is the Deni MT149 Meat Tenderizer with 49 stainless steel blades. I had had a fantastic melt-in-your-mouth chicken recipe at my cousin's house and she attributed it to her meat tenderizer so I had to get one an this one is PERFECT. Every piece of meat I have used this on whether it is beef, chicken or pork turns out fork tender and juicy. I HIGHLY recommend this meat tenderizer to anyone who cooks!SMOTHERED TANGERINE CHICKEN
4 thin chicken steaks
1 medium Vidalia sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 lemon, room temperature
3 tangerines, room temperature
1/2 pound bacon
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
- Juice together the lemon and tangerines.
- Use the meat tenderizer gently on each chicken piece.
- Place chicken pieces in shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour juice over chicken pieces, turning to coat. Set Aside for 30-45 minutes.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add onion slices to the bacon grease, sauteing until translucent.
- Move onions to the edges.
- Drain chicken pieces.
- Add chicken pieces to the bacon grease, sprinkle with the brown sugar, cover and saute' for 4-5 minutes per side until golden.
- Plate chicken and immediately top with cheese.
- Add crumbled bacon to the onions and mix well.
- Top chicken with onion bacon mix and ENJOY!