INSIDE OUT CHICKEN POT PIES
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
1 small Vidalia onion, halved and sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
3 tablespoons butter
4-6 ounces cream cheese, softened
salt and pepper to taste
1 box Pepperidge Farm Puffed Pastry defrosted per package directions
1 package KNORR Hollandaise Sauce prepared per package
1 egg white + 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet.
- Add celery and onion, sauteeing until almost carmelized.
- Add remaining butter to melt.
- Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper to taste, sauteeing until chicken is cooked through.
- Add cream cheese and blend well.
- Add peas and carrots, stirring to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut pastry sheets in half.
- Lay one half of each pastry sheet on cookie sheet.
- Spoon a generous portion of the chicken mixture into the half of each sheet.
- Fold the other half up and over, sealing the edges well.
- Whisk together the egg white and melted butter and then brushing each pie with the mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden and pastry is puffed.
- Top each pie with a ladle full of sauce.