I LOVE to find interesting recipes that have tons of flavor. Unfortunately at times I have to adjust them to the flavor whims of my family. The following recipe is just that type of recipe.
Originally known as Rueben Cubans I had to adjust some ingredients for my food allergy as well as for the ingredients I had on hand. When I deconstruct and reconstruct a sandwich successfully I always rename them after a fun sounding car. My first example of that was my recipe for Cadillacs aka Parmesan Roast Beef.STUDEBAKERS aka GRILLED SWISS BACON SAUSAGE SANDS
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons dijon mayonnaise
3 tablespoons chopped dill pickle (or dill pickle relish)
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
1 small onion, thinly sliced
3/4 - 1 pound ground pork sausage (good with plain old beef too)
8 thinly sliced center cut Canadian Bacon
4 thin slices turkey
6 ounces shredded or thinly sliced Baby Swiss Cheese
8 slices Caraway Rye Bread
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, pickles and jalapenos. Set aside.
- Saute onion and set aside.
- Grill Canadian Bacon slices until tender.
- Shape the Italian sausage into 4 patties roughly shaped the size of your bread.
- Season patties with salt and pepper.
- Grill each patty for about 3 minutes or until edges are brown and no longer pink.
- Flip patties to brown second side and top with one half of Swiss cheese.
- Spread mustard mixture on each slice of bread.
- Heat a grill pan and melt butter.
- Lay 4 slices of bread in bubbling butter and top with Canadian Bacon slices.
- Top with turkey slices.
- Top with remaining Swiss Cheese and sauteed onions.
- Add pork patties and top with remaining bread slices.
- When bottoms are golden flip sandwich and grill other side until golden.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!