So, like so many other recipes I will give you the original ingredients in black and my changes in red - you choose what you like. This recipe makes a wonderful tailgate or party appetizer!
NOTE: I had an unfortunate accident with jalapeno peppers 5 years or so ago so I ALWAYS use gloves when working with peppers. The original recipe called for "piping" the cheese mixture into the peppers, but I find since I already have gloves on that they are easy to form with a spoon and my fingers.
20 Jalapeno peppers, washed well 10 Jalapeno peppers, washed well
8 ounces cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella 1 + 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (divided)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup diced cooked chicken 1 1/2 cups shredded/diced rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing 1/2 cup RiverHouse Parmesan Herb dressing*
- Preheat oven to 325-350 degrees.
- Grease a 6 inch casserole dish and small cookie sheet.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise leaving stems in tact. Remove seeds.
- In a mixing bowl blend together the cream cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Add hot sauce and dressing, blending well.
- Fold in chicken until well blended.
- Fill peppers and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Fill baking dish with remaining cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Baked uncovered for 20-40 minutes depending on your desired level of spice. The longer they cook, the milder they get.
- Serve with Tortilla chips.