1 1/2 cups half & half*
1 1/2 teaspoons PURE Vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch sea salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 cups 1/2 inch cubes of day old sourdough bread
2 teaspoons sugar
1 pint raspberries, washed and dried
1/2 cup Dole frozen wild blueberries, thawed in paper towel to absorb moisture
2 tablespoons sugar**
12 tablespoons Maple Syrup, warmed
- Gently mix together raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, half & half, cinnamon and salt together until well blended in a large measuring cup - (you'll want the pour spout).
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the butter and bread pieces until well coated.
- Spray muffin tn with non-stick cooking spray.
- Distribute bread into muffin cups evenly.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over each cup.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until golden on top and egg is set.
- Cool on rack a minute before plating.
- Gently fold together raspberries and blueberries to mix well.
- Plate 3 muffins per plate.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of warm syrup over muffins.
- Add a spoonful of raspberry mix. I use a slotted spoon to avoid excess moisture.
* I used 1 cup whipping cream and 1/2 cup 1% milk since it was what I had on hand.
**I like these blueberries because they are much smaller.