SQUIRT SODA APPLE DUMPLINGS
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & sliced into 8 wedges
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 cans Pillsbury crescent roll dough
1 cups sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 can Squirt soda
4 tablespoons butter, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Spray a baking dish with PURE.
- Submerge apple wedges into a bowl of ice water with the lemon juice.
- Separate the crescent roll triangles.
- Remove the apples and dry on paper towels.
- Roll each apple in a triangle, starting at the small end.
- Put the rolls in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle evenly over the rolls.
- Top with the thin slices of butter.
- Pour the soda over everything.
- Bake until golden brown (about 40-45 minutes).
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.