PIQUANT CHICKEN with CHARRED TOMATO SAUCE
3 pounds skinless chicken breast
1-1/2 cups oil
2 cans Chipolte Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1 (can) 16 ounce whole tomatoes, chopped
1 cup onions, chopped fine
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 large bunches green onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 large cloves garlic, sliced thin
3 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon red pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Drain peppers, retaining sauce. Finely chop peppers and set aside.
- In a heavy skillet, add 1/4 oil and heat until hot.
- Add 1/2 cup flour and stir mixture until roux is a nice caramel color. Set aside.
- In a 4 quart heavy pot add 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil and adobo sauce.
- Cook on low heat until brown in color.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and stir until mixture is sauteed.
- Add roux, a pepper or two depending on your heat index and whole tomatoes, while continuing to stir to keep mixture from sticking to bottom of pot.
- Slowly add chicken broth while stirring to blend all ingredients together.
- Add all seasonings, sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook on medium heat for about 1 hour, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn down heat, and add green onions and parsley.
- Heat remaining oil until hot.
- Slowly add chicken and pan-fry until slightly brown. Salt and peppering generously.
- Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Slowly add chicken to the sauce and cook for about 45 minutes.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!