4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Panko crumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/8 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
4 slices sliced provolone
3-4 cups marinara sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the 2 beaten eggs and milk.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together the ricotta cheese, 1 beaten egg, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Generously salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Flatten chicken breasts to uniform size.
- Bring butter to a melt over medium heat.
- Coat chicken in flour.
- Dip chicken in egg wash.
- Coat in panko crumbs.
- Brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Drain chicken breasts on paper towels.
- Place half the marinara sauce in a baking dish.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Top with a thin layer of marinara.
- Spread a generous portion of the ricotta mixture on each chicken breast.
- Top each breast with a provolone slice.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with pasta.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!