4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons Classico sun-dried tomato pesto
4 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons sweet butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon oregano
pasta of your choice
- Drain and rinse artichoke hearts, cut into small pieces
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in skillet over medium heat
- Saute' chicken pieces and garlic until cooked through and tender
- While chicken is cooking melt 2 tablespoons of butter in sauce pan
- Whisk in flour until smooth and golden
- Gradually add whipping cream, bring to a SLOW simmer, stirring frequently
- In a mortar and pestle rejuvenate your herbs and add to the sauce pan, whisking in well
- Simmer 8-10 minutes until sauce reaches desired thickness and is smooth
- Add tomato pesto & Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth
- Drain chicken mixture and add to the sauce mixture.
- Pour over prepared pasta, top with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
On a side note - this is what a dejected face looks like. She wasn't happy about being relegated outside while I cooked.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!