1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in halves)
salt and pepper to taste
provolone cheese slices
1 large bunch green onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup white wine (I used zinfandel)
3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously salt and pepper each piece of chicken.
- In a large skillet melt butter until frothy.
- Add chicken pieces, searing each side quickly. Drain on a paper towel. Do not discard butter.
- Warp each piece of chicken in a slice of prosciutto and then lay a slice of provolone on top.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a baking dish.
- In the skillet add the garlic and green onions, sauteing until soft and fragrant.
- Add the wine and lemon juice, simmering until starts to thicken.
- Pour sauce over and around chicken pieces.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.