1 Large Baked Potato (cooled)**
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 Jumbo egg
1 strip bacon, cooked and crumbled
Shredded or sliced medium cheddar cheese
Sliced green onions
salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the top of each potato.
- Use a small knife to cut around the potato edges leaving the potato as thin or thick as you prefer.
- Spoon out the insides turning the potatoes into a "bowl". Be careful not to go so deep as to cut through the bottom. Remember that the more room you leave, the more goodies you can put inside.
- Swirl melted butter around the inside of each potato and then season with salt and pepper.
- Gently break egg into potato careful to NOT break the yolk.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Serve immediately.
**I scrubbed the potatoes really well and then rubbed them with salted butter, celery salt and garlic powder before wrapping them in foil to bake.