1 box yellow cake mix*
1 (3-ounce) box Jell-O cheesecake pudding**
1/2 cup safflower oil
1 cup whole milk
1 large can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix and pudding mix.
- Add the oil and milk, beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into a well greased 9x13 baker.
- Bake 45-60 minutes (or until center springs back).
- While cake is baking mix together the pineapple and sugar on top of stove until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and let cool slightly.
- While cake is still hot, punch holes in cake with a large round chopstick and pour hot pineapple mixture over cake.
- Let cool.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and beat until creamy.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Refrigerate to set frosting.
*Also good with white or butter cake
**DO NOT USE sugar free!