CHICKEN PARMESAN MEATBALLS - This makes 12 or so meatballs
1 1/4 pounds ground chicken1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg, whisked
zest of half a lemon
3 tablespoons sesame oil
Marinara pasta sauce
3-4 slices mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°F, setting rack to upper third part of oven.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 10 ingredients.
- Shape into golf-ball size balls and place a few inches from each other on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix one spoonful of your pizza sauce with olive oil.
- Brush this mixture on top of each meatball.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven, spoon some sauce on top of each meatball, and cover each with a slice of cheese.
- Broil another 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Heat remaining sauce in a small saucepan.
- Serve meatballs with pasta and a dollop of sauce.