4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons Kahlua’
4 tablespoons golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice each apple horizontally into 5 or 6 slices.
- Place apples in a 9×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of raisins into each apple.
- Melt butter and whisk in the Kahlua’.
- Drizzle over the apples.
- Bake uncovered 45-60 minutes until fork tender.
- Baste every 15 minutes.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup heavy cream
pinch of salt
- In a heavy saucepan whisk together the water, sugar, corn syrup and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Boil without stirring until mixture turns golden.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in the cream.
- Let cool.
- To serve, plate apples in their stack, pour caramel sauce down the center of each apple and top with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!