2 cups vinegar
2 cups beef broth
1 medium onion, thinly sliced into rings, separated
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoons ground cloves
- In a medium saucepan blend all the ingredients together except the ginger snaps. Heat, but do not boil.
- Pour over the roast in a tight sealed Tupperware marinader. Marinate 48-72 hours, turning twice daily.
- On the 3rd day remove the roast from the marinade, drain well saving all marinade and brown* on both sides and all edges.
- Put roast in roasting pan and pour marinade over top. Bake for 3 hours covered and undisturbed.
- During the last 30 minutes add the gingersnaps to the liquid and allow them to soften. If you are going to want more gravy than there is liquid, add a can of beef consomme at this time.
- Remove bay leaves. If you prefer you can use whole cloves (8-10) and tie those and the bay leaves into a cheesecloth bag that can be more easily removed.
- Remove roast from pan and whisk in roux until desired gravy consistency is reached.
POTATO PANCAKES3+ cups peeled, grated & squeezed* potatoes
1 large bunch green onions, minced or 1 small Vidalia onion, minced
1/2 cup self rising flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, egg and butter until smooth.
- Whisk in the flour mixture until well blended.
- Fold in the potatoes and onions.
- Drop onto hot griddle and make your pancakes.
- Serve with applesauce and sour cream or with the Sauerbraten gravy.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!