There is something oximoronic about going to the gym and watching the food channel while on the treadmill, but alas that is exactly what I do. My gym has receivers hooked up to all the treadmills and stationary bikes so you can choose 1 of 8 channels to mindlessly occupy your brain while you work out. I can't handle the 3 stations that are tuned to the current political BS, or the channel for the home shopping network or the 2 channels that are running old Law and Order reruns so the Food channel wins by default.
Anyway, Rachel Ray was on the other day preparing Salami Spaghetti and it looked just odd enough and interesting enough to try. I modified it slightly, but the overall flavor was similar I'm sure.
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1/3 pound salami, cut into thin strips (I used a combination of hard salami and Genoa)
1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced (reserve fronds)
1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
fresh ground pepper
1 large lemon, juiced
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 pound pasta (I used shells, she used spaghetti)
- Add avocado oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add salami strips, separating them as you go. Cook until crispy, stirring frequently. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Reduce the heat. Add onions, fennel, garlic and thyme sauteing until tender and beginning to brown.
- Add salt, pepper and wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken broth simmering until begins to thicken slightly.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add salami pieces back in.
- Add prepared pasta and several of the fennel fronds and toss well.
- Plate and top with Parmesan flakes and fennel pieces for garnish.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!