2 large boneless chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2-4 tablespoons butter (enough to keep chicken from burning~add as necessary)
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
- In a shallow glass pan, pour buttermilk over chicken 1-2 hours prior to cooking.
- Make sure to coat chicken well and turn at least once during soaking.
- Drain, but do NOT rinse the buttermilk off.
- In a medium sized fry pan melt the butter over medium heat. As butter melts and begins to very slightly sizzle, prepare breasts.
- In a small ziploc bag mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- One at a time, put each chicken breast in bag and coat well with flour mix and then into sizzling butter.
- Cook on one side until edges begin to bleed and then turn.
- About 6 minutes each side depending on plumpness.
- Keep chicken warm.
3 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper + (to taste)
- Melt butter into bottom of pan you just cooked the chicken in.
- Scrape up any of the chicken pieces and mix into new butter.
- Add flour slowly, stirring until absorbed by butter and golden brown.
- Slowly add first the milk and then the cream.
- Stir constantly until thickens.
- If necessary sprinkle in more Wondra until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes.
4 large Yukon potatoes, peeled & quartered
4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/4 + buttermilk
4 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Mash all together salt and peppering to taste.
1 small bag baby carrots, washed
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
4 tablespoons PURE maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blanche carrots in sugared water until just tender.
- Blend together brown sugar, maple syrup and butter.
- Toss with carrots.
- Bake 20 minutes.