We're talking SERIOUS triple digit heat around here and now they're adding 50% humidity to the mix so it was time to bring out the BIG guns - ICES with a KICK! Next time I won't bother with the popsicles, but just make these as small sorbet bowls in small ramekins.CARIBBEAN SUNRISE POPSICLES
1 cup water
1/2 cup superfine sugar
3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
1 cup orange juice
3 ounces Malibu Coconut Rum
- Whisk together the water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a SLOW boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar syrup with the pomegranate juice.
- Divide into 6 popsicle molds.
- Place molds in freezer for 2 hours.
- Combining remaining sugar mixture with orange juice and rum, cooling completely.
- After 2 hours, whisk orange juice mixture thoroughly and top off popsicle molds.
- Return molds to freezer for 2 more hours.
- Add popsicle sticks and freeze completely. Overnight works best.