1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
2 pounds round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 3 inch slices
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 can beef consomme or
a scant 2 cups hot water with 2 teaspoons beef granules
- In a large skillet heat olive oil
- When hot, brown the beef slices, drain and transfer to the slow cooker
- In the same pan combine the consomme, onions, tomatoes and juice, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and soy sauce.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour
- Reduce the heat to low and cook 3-4 hours until beef is tender
- Add the red pepper
- Cook 1 more hour
- Return heat to high
- Using a large pasta claw remove the meat and peppers to serving bowl
- Add Roux
- Stir into the gravy and cook until desired thickness
- Pour over meat in serving bowl and toss to coat
- Serve over white rice or noodles
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave your ingredients for this recipe we call life!