1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
heavy coat of olive oil
1 clove minced garlic, jar
1 bunch green onions, minced
1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
Juice of 1 orange
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon red chile pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoon cream sherry
5 tablespoons sugar
zest of one orange
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix cornstarch, flour, salt & pepper in ziploc bag.
- Toss chicken pieces in beaten eggs and sesame oil and then dredge in the flour bag.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. When hot, add the chicken pieces and cook turning as needed until all sides are golden brown. 4-8 minutes.
- Drain chicken on paper towel lined plate.
- Pour off excess oil and clean pan with paper towel.
- Add 1 tablespoon more olive oil and saute' garlic and green onion.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, honey, orange juice, sherry, red chile pepper flakes and ginger.
- Cook until thick, do not boil.
- Dip in honey mixture and place on sprayed cookie sheet. If you would like sprinkle some sesame seeds over the chicken at this point.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Brush with original glaze after the first 10 minutes.
- Save any additional glaze to use over the rice.
- Serve over rice.