This was my first recipe in the BUNLESS BURGER SERIES. Bread in general is expensive and can be timely to make. It also doesn't help on my diet so thought I would try going "bunless" and we are soooooooooooooooo glad we did. With planning to eat the burger with a knife and fork I was able to add so many more ingredients that would have otherwise made the bun mushy and slippery. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
So simple, but oh so yummy too.
GOLDEN FUNGUS BURGER
2 1/3 # burger patties
1/2 large Vidalia onion, sliced thin
4-5 large button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 large Roma tomato or 4 baby Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
1/4 cup Chablis
1/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Grill burgers inside or out. I add just a touch of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the meat and hand form the patties.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter.
- When sizzling add onions and saute' until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add wine and continue sauteing until moisture has sizzled away.
- Add tomatoes until heated through.
- Plate burger.
- Top with onion mixture and then cheese. I use the pan lid over the plate for a minute to melt the cheese.