I found this recipe in my bottomless box of magazine tear outs, clipped recipes from old worn cookbooks, grams old recipe cards and printouts to try. I've adapted it to my love of skinless, boneless chicken.
BROWN BAG CHICKEN aka IMPERIAL CHICKEN
1 cup dried bread crumbs (I use my stale sourdough ends and made my own)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons minced parsley
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
large brown paper lunch sack, new and clean
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small food processor blend bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper until finely ground and well blended.
- Spray the inside of the paper bag with PURE really well.
- Dip chicken into melted butter and then into bread crumbs.
- Place chicken pieces in the bag, fold over and close tightly.
- Bake 30-45 minutes. Be careful when you open the bag as the steam escapes. Chicken will be moist on the inside and crispy on the outside.