4 VERY thick pork chops
8 slices oatnut bread
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup apricot pineapple jam, room temperature**
1 tablespoon peach schnapps
1 large lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slit each pork chop along 2 sides to create a large pocket.
- *Toast each slice of bread well and then lightly butter.
- Cut each piece into small squares.
- Toss with thyme, garlic salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pork chop with 1/3 cup of mixture.
- Whisk together the jam, peach schnapps, red pepper flakes, ginger and lemon juice.
- Place chops in a square greased baking dish.
- Arrange remaining stuffing around the edges.
- Glaze chops and stuffing tops.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Turn chops, glaze chops and stuffing again. Bake another 30 minutes.
*If you prefer, prepare 1 box of stove top stuffing instead.
**Tonight I used Lemon Curd and had a distinctively fresh flavor with the same consistency. Use whatever flavor speaks to you.